AOM - leading position in Chinese tug market for fuel efficiency
AOM is delighted to announce new orders of AOM’s Remote Monitoring System with CONTOIL fuel meters for further 12 tugs to be built in Zhenjiang Shipyard, the second biggest tug shipyard worldwide. The tugs were ordered by the Chinese major ports of Zhoushan, Taixing, Yantian and Fuzhou. There are more potential contracts in preparation to come into force this year.
Each of the ports will receive a customized package which was developed in close cooperation with the individual port owners. The package includes AOM’s Remote Monitoring System and fuel meter sensors to monitor the performance of the main and auxiliary engine as well as excellent service.
Today AOM’s Remote Monitoring System and fuel meter systems are in operation in more than 20 Chinese ports.
The Global greenhouse effect is growing seriously. The carbon neutrality of China will be realized by 2060. That means China’s carbon emissions will be reduced from 16 billion tons a year between 2020 and 2060 which is a challenging task. Energy conservation and emission reduction are highly ranked targets of the Chinese government.
Consequently, the Chinese government has issued a strict environmental protection convention that requires all state-owned vessels such as tugs to implement energy saving and emissions reduction measures.
Project Background Overview
- Ship owner: Zhoushan/Taixing/Yantian/Fuzhou Ports
- Class: CCS
- Project Name: Aquametro Oil & Marine Remote Monitoring System
- Shipyard: Jiangsu Zhenjiang Shipyard (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Instantaneous/amount fuel consumption of M/E, A/E (hourly report sent back to shore terminal)
- Single Trip Report Summary including total distance total F.O consumption and important events and alarm etc.
- Control box open and close alarm and terminal pushing note reminder in remote PC terminal
- Machine performance parameters monitoring: rpm and load etc.
- Historical data query and chart analysis
- Electronic - Engine logbook - timely summary and sending by email
- Analysis and comparison of all monitoring data
- Boarding AMS integration
- Boarding CCTV integration
- Emission figures measurement of CO2, SO2, NOx with CO2 MRV Logbook
- Customized features for each individual port
Shipyard Company File:
Jiangsu Zhenjiang Shipyard (Group) Co., Ltd. is the first shipbuilding enterprise in Jiangsu Province and the first shipbuilding high-tech enterprise in Jiangsu Province. In recent years, the enterprise has created "26 first items in China" in the field of special engineering ships, and has become the biggest in China and the second biggest tugs manufacturer in the world with continuing to stabilize the number of 40 tugs each year.
As a professional energy conservation and emission reduction company, Aquametro Oil & Marine has excercised and proofed a well appreciated cooperation with Zhenjiang Shipyard since 2015.
Zhoushan Port Company File:
Ningbo & Zhoushan Port is the port of Ningbo and Zhoushan Group in Zhejiang Province, located in the middle of Chinese mainland coastline and the important port of national comprehensive transportation system. In 2020, Ningbo Zhoushan Port completed cargo throughput of 1.172 billion tons, as one of the biggest ports in the world for the 12th consecutive year.
As a professional energy conservation and emission reduction company, Aquametro Oil & Marine has serviced 12 tugs for Zhoushan port since 2017.